Monday, August 27, 2007

Self-improvment is masturbation.

So lately I've been playing BioShock, which is so far the most atmospheric game I've played since Doom 3, and quite a bit of fun. In this game, your character can obtain plasmids which modify your body to give you super powers. Naturally, I wanted to get me some of that.

After a small amount of research, I discovered that real plasmids do not work that way. However, I still like to improve myself inside and out, so today after work I stopped by the local eye doctor to watch a live LASIK surgery. The whole thing took 10 minutes, and the patient seemed to be enjoying a healthy dose of Valium. The biggest thing I'm scared of is the whole cutting into my eyeball while I'm awake thing, but the guy said he didn't even feel it.

So, I've scheduled an appointment for the 15th to find out if I'm eligible, and if I am, to get preliminary scans for the operation. It will be nice to see outside while it's precipitating and look into borescopes without adjusting them.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mephryn said...

Werd, Jus,, thanks.. :) I am touched and pleased to know that you still follow my shyte and mad love and thanks for that wonderful minute of seeing a comment posted and knowing i'm not just mumbling away to myself in cyberspace for the sake of soothing my own fucking ego/soul/remnants of brain.
Peace, Ryn

1:31 AM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger Justin said...

Remember to post something when you get back so I can give you a call when we're both in town!

8:14 AM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger james said...

I gotta say that Bioshock is pretty cool.. haven't played much of it but it runs half decent on my old POS desktop computer, which is surprising. Good opening movie.

5:04 PM, September 08, 2007  
Blogger coriolinus said...

As for the LASIK, I will say this: you do not feel any pain at all during the procedure. However, you do see the little LED dot you're supposed to look at become a horrible huge gaussian blur because you just watched the part of your eye that you focus with being lifted away. Also, you get to smell your own eye matter burning off.

I declined the Valium they offered before beginning the procedure, and I can honestly say that that surgery was the scariest and weirdest thing I'd ever done in my life. However, it also turns out to be a giant quality of life improvement, and I thoroughly recommend it.

4:01 PM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Justin said...

Holy shit! I was planning on asking for extra Valium.

4:10 PM, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home