Delegated Democracy - Part 5
I'm still working on that idea of mine, but after discussing the last iteration of the idea with Coriolinus I've been trying to refine the idea. Generally, here are the requirements of the system I have in mind:
- Secret ballot - The citizen should have no way of proving to a third party how they have voted.
- Delegation - The citizen should have the option of allowing a third party to vote on their behalf, who should be able to delegate the vote to a fourth party, and so on. The voter should be able to choose their own software or service to do this, rather than a single limited/bloated application.
- Online voting - Voters should have to register in person with valid identification, but from that point forward should be able to vote from anywhere.
- Voting records - The citizen should be able to check how their votes have been cast, and exit polls should be optional.
- It should be as simple as possible.