Sunday, June 25, 2006

The End of Explodiblog

So, I was removing the broken link to The Worst Hour in Radio History from my sidebar (which is now a bottombar), and accidentally fucked up my template and didn't have a backup. Rather than going to the trouble of figuring out what is wrong and fixing it, I think I'm going to get my own domain and host it myself, much like A Parallax View. So now, I have to think of:
  • A good name for my blog (since "Explodiblog" is kinda lame, and I'm getting sick of it).
    • I think I might change my handle, too.
  • A corresponding domain name - my full name and full name with middle initial are both taken, and I like to stay obscure on the internet anyways.
    • This is why I don't have a myspace account.
      • I stopped using orkut because I don't speak Portugese. That was my only social networking endevor.
        • Yeah, I know they segregated the groups by language. Too little, too late; no one wanted to leave the groups they were already in. They should have put the language variable on the threads, and kept the groups multilingual. That way I could elect to see only English and Spanish threads in a worldwide group.
  • A good, flexable software to run it on. Something open source I can plop on an Apache webserver would be ideal.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help you pick a handle; thatis an intrinsically personal choice. However, I can talk about other stuff.

Specifically, do you know what happened to Worst Hour? From my perspective, it just vanished one day.

Also, on blogging software: I'm pretty sure the current champion is Wordpress. Of course, being me, I'm probably going to write my own as soon as I get back into working on my own website; I'd be glad to have help and or a second user just to point out areas of improvement. Let me know if that interests you.

-Robopete

10:11 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Justin said...

I just registered scelest.us and installed Apache - now I just need to connect the dots and then make the actual site.

Rowe decided to ditch the Worst Hour in Radio History, due to "too much personal info". I can understand - Dan't old blog got him fired because he had the wrong information in it.

I think I might make another wiki. Codex was a dismal failure, mostly because it was too slow and user-unfriendly. This one, instead of being code-oriented, might just be a good place to post random crap, and let anyone write anything on it.

9:34 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger jeff said...

How does one pronounce that, and whats with the .us?

3:43 PM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Justin said...

"Scelestus" is latin for "wicked", and I have no idea how one pronounces it.

7:42 PM, June 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey justin, this is elf. i can host you for a while if youre having domaining issues. i also suggest scwiki, if youre looking for wikis... i dont know much about blogs though.

-elf

6:56 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Justin said...

I appreciate the offer, but I'd rather host it myself. No hurry, anyways.

8:21 PM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home