Wednesday, April 26, 2006

8 Months of Progress...

... apparently go a long way. I just bought a laptop, the Toshiba M65. I went to install Kubuntu 5.10 on it, and it FUCKING SUCKED. I had to bust my ass on it all night to get the damn window system to work, and then set up the wireless card. After restarting, the wireless card DISAPPEARED. It was still physically there, but Kubuntu denied it existed. I was very angry.

So, I downloaded the sneak preview of Kubuntu 6.06. It set up my graphics and wireless automatically while I ate a sub, smoked, and watched Star Trek. I am now very happy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any particular reason to choose KDE over Gnome?

-Robopete

7:34 AM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because KDE Rox Cox, gnome is teh crap.

10:38 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Justin said...

If you want to know what Kubuntu 5.10 is, I would suggest clicking on the link provided, or googling it.

And I selected KDE because I've been using Gnome and felt like something new.

10:48 PM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home