Friday, January 13, 2006

MP3 Playa

Ok, so I've decided to get an MP3 player. I went to Best Buy and got an iRiver, but it didn't work - apparently with the T30, they dropped Linux support. So I exchanged it for some other player that also didn't work and I also returned.

For a little while the other night, I considered getting an iPod Nano, but they're just too expensive. I want one of the cheap knock-offs.

So, now I'm trying the novel idea of checking which ones work on Linux, and THEN buying one. I found this list with Linux-happy MP3 players, and I'm trying to decide which one... leaning towards the Creative Zen series. Which one do you think I should get?

UPDATE: I got the black 30GB iPod. W00t!

7 Comments:

Blogger james said...

I suggest you buy a CD player. They play mp3s and cost less than $50, for example this $30 model from Panasonic. On top of its uber-cheepness, this one has the added bonus of a continuous play time about 10 times as long as an iPod.

Or, a portable DVD walkman like This One for $129.

Going this route, the only compatibility issues you have to worry about is if your computer can burn media.

10:15 PM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Justin said...

Nah, those are too big. I'm thinking something I can keep in my front pocket at work.

1:26 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger Justin said...

Hmmm....

12:13 AM, January 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw an ad for a Sony one that looked pretty cool...some kind of crazy lighter-lookin thing.

5:54 AM, January 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you gave in, did you? Couldn't stand second best? Don't blame ya. If I had a bunch of money and a need for an mp3 player I think I'd go with an iPod, too. Even though I think the interface could use a little work.

11:51 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger james said...

Dude, MY mom can't scratch. It'd be a nice skill for a mom to have, but frankly I think it's unrealistic.

I thought the scratching problem was only on the Nano... the full-size is prone as well? Hmm.

7:29 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Justin said...

Well, at least the generation 5 is. And it may be worse with the nano.

10:41 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home