Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Time to get your GAME face on.

Lately, I've been struggling to find any GOOD games for Linux. There aren't many, if any. It's mostly:

Penguin Slide Racer
Friendship Sharingtime Happyland
Fuzzy Bunny and the Capitalist Pig-Dogs

A shortage of eye candy to be sure, and a DISGUSTING lack of blood and violence.

So, I decided to install Doom 3 for Linux. This time, I knew what I was doing, so I didn't break Ubuntu. Id makes the whole thing look more complicated than it is on their site. You run the program, copy all the big Doom 3 files from the CDs to wherever you installed, and then type "doom3" to play.

Unexpectedly, Doom 3 runs faster on Ubuntu than it does on Windows XP Pro! Now I can turn up the graphics and play the game the way it was meant to be played.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home