Thursday, June 23, 2005

Cyborg Abs and Cydoor Ads

All from Slashdot today. There might be someone who goes to this blog who doesn't read it regularly... or something. If that's you, read it.
  • Slashdot | `Bionic' Arm Brings Back Sense of Touch: One step closer to getting my shiny cyborg body. Ah, the villagers I shall burninate.
  • Slashdot | Marketers Scan Blogs For Brand Insights: I like targeted advertising. It gives me a warm, happy feeling to know someone or something is directing an ad directly at me.
  • Slashdot | DoubleClick Warns Against Ad-Blocking Browsers: Speaking of which, I think this guy is fucked. Large groups of people behave selfishly, and selfish folks like me use Adblock. No matter what he says, the web-viewing populace won't become idealistic to suit his needs, even if he is right. Perhaps if his company sold less offensive advertisements, it would fare better. Adblock, for instance, only blocks images and objects within the page. That means banners and flash animations. It DOESN'T mean text advertisements, like the kind Google uses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home